Sunday, April 1, 2018

Celebrate!


Ruth Ayres has a link-up on weekends where people link to posts that are celebrations about their week. I love this reminder to celebrate every week and I appreciate the community we have through this link-up.




Today I'm celebrating time with my sister. She drove up to visit from Texas. That's love - driving 14 hours to see someone. We spent a lot of time together in the few days she was here. We drove along the Mississippi and watched eagles soaring by us.

One of my sister's pictures.
We also went to the National Eagle Center and the Mall of America. On our way to the cities we stopped at Lake Pepin. The ice on the edge of the lake was moving a lot and was super noisy. I loved hearing the creaking, cracking, and popping. 


We finished off our day trip at Minnehaha Falls in Minneapolis before coming back to our house. I wish we lived closer to each other so we could spend more time together, but I'm thankful for the chance to visit with each other this week. A lot of our time is spent in laughter.

4 comments:

  1. Love and laughter and the company of someone special - you did have a lot to celebrate this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a wonderful visit with your sister, Crystal. It's hard to be so far away, so I'm glad she took the time to be with you. We used to live on a lake, & I remember that spring thaw crackling-awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that sounds lovely. I'm glad you enjoyed your time together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crystal, how wonderful to spend time with your sister. My family is visiting my sister in Central NY so our families came from Virginia and Western NY to meet for Easter and we drove in from Long Island. It was a wonderful family reunion and from the reading of your post, you had a wonderful time, too. Family time is special.

    ReplyDelete