Saturday, March 10, 2018

Celebrate!


Ruth Ayres has a link-up on weekends where people link to posts that are celebrations about their week. I love this reminder to celebrate every week and I appreciate the community we have through this link-up.


Earlier this week we had another big pile of snow drop on us. This is a blessing in many ways. It was beautiful for one thing. I was warm and snug on the couch watching it fall. We were dismissed from school early that day and that felt like a gift. All of a sudden there was free time in the day and we could safely get home before the snow started flying. I had cookies, tea and watched the snow and a Korean drama. Not a bad way to spend an afternoon.

This week I also celebrate the smiles of children. During my days I hear a healthy does of noise and see some frowns, but most of the time smiles are being shared by the staff and students at our school. Seeing the smiles and joy on the faces of students is truly a lovely gift.


On a related note, our art teacher and some of our students worked together on a mosaic project. It is beautiful and there are still many pieces of tile left. Some of the students are now making individual mosaics. They stay after school chatting with each other. I love to hang out in the art room when they are there. One day when I was stressed, I stopped by after school and sorted through the tiles and put some of them together on the tabletop. It wasn't meant to be anything permanent and just sorting, moving and enjoying the textures of the tiles changed my mood. Creating is a soothing thing especially when there are no expectations at all.

Have a wonderful week!

4 comments:

  1. An unexpected free time - it happens so seldom. Everyone could use a bit of playful art once in awhile to cheer oneself up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great thought, Crystal: "Creating is a soothing thing especially when there are no expectations at all." I am glad that your week went well. Your snow scene is beautiful. If you want to write a short poem to accompany it, there is still time to send it to me for my winter gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That extra free time is a lovely thing, and glad to know you got to get home early! I like the mosaic gathering. It is a good thing to sit and create, only thoughts of making something that you like. Love seeing the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Creating is soothing... I love those words... and have sometimes felt their truth.

    ReplyDelete