Sunday, February 11, 2018

Celebrating Snowy Walks


Ruth Ayres has a link-up on weekends where people link to posts that are celebrations about their week. I love this reminder to celebrate every week and I appreciate the community we have through this link-up.


Our professional development day was held at the university near our home so I was able to walk to work on Friday. That was so fun. This has still been a cold week, but it warmed up enough to take the dog for walks almost every day. We've only made it all the way around the block once, but every day with a walk is a good day. My Schatzie can only be outside for a little while when it's below 20.
The weather even inspired me to run yesterday. It may not have been the wisest choice, but I survived. When I took my dog out to walk it seemed like it was warmer than normal. I didn't check the temp though and just got ready to run. Within a block my nose was stinging. I didn't realize it was only 15F until I got home. It had seemed warm compared to the day before. It was warmer, but not so very much. The temp made my thirty minute run seem like a major accomplishment. I complain about the cold sometimes, but I do love walking and running in our neighborhood when there is snow everywhere to crunch underfoot. It's been especially nice when the sun has been shining. Sunlight is so cheerful. Have a wonderful week!

3 comments:

  1. We had that cold Saturday into Sunday and snow, so needed, but now warmer again today. I do admire you for getting out and running. I did walk to the library and do love being out! Your dog is so cute, Crystal, glad you got out with him, too! Wishing you a wonderful week, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOH! We got some sunlight today and I celebrated it too! Not sure you would find me out walking or running in your frigid temps. I'm a wimp and love living where it's never that cold.

    ReplyDelete