Sunday, September 17, 2017

Celebrate!


Ruth Ayres has a link-up on weekends where people link to posts that are celebrations about their week. I love this reminder to celebrate every week.


This has been a week with many lovely moments. A new yarn shop opened last month and I entered a drawing via Instagrm. Earlier this week I went and picked up my gift. They gave me local yarn and two fun kits.

I also did something new with a friend. We've watched three episodes of a k-drama together - but apart. She is in California and I'm here in WI, but we watched simultaneously and texted back and forth. I know this isn't a new activity for a lot of people, but it was for me. It was a fun way to watch.


International Dot Day was Friday and I was able to mark that day with students. One grade read The Dot by Peter Reynolds and another read I Don't Draw, I Color and then we did some drawing on the iPads. The students really enjoyed making things digitally.

To end the week, our neighborhood had a block party. The block we live on was closed off and many of the neighbors got together to have a cookout. It was really nice to get to know people a little better. We've only lived in this house for six months so we hadn't met everyone yet and even those we had met, we didn't know very well. The weather was perfect, the food was yummy, and the conversations were excellent.

September 11th is a vivid reminder that life is not without loss and challenges. Each year it gets farther away, but the effects of the events that day are still being felt in our country and around the world. In spite of pain and difficulties in life, I'm very thankful to wake up each day and am trying to live by Amy Krouse Rosenthal's encouragement to "Make the most of your time here."

2 comments:

  1. A wonderful week filled with much to celebrate. I'm envious of your block party - we need to have one with our neighbors. I had to look up k-drama (Korean drama?), but I do enjoy watching shows and talking about them with friends. I've almost finished season four of A Place to Call Home. My friend is ahead of me, so she has to be careful when we chat. I've never done it simultaneously (and texted back and forth), but I bet that would be fun! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had our block party last night and they are lots of fun. I'm glad to hear that you met more people in your new neighborhood, Crystal. How great that you won that prize from the yarn shop and how fun to watch the show with your friend. I've never done that either, like Ramona wrote. And sounds like your 'dot' day was fun, too. Peter Reynolds has started something very big! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete